Friendly Negev Desert
The Friendly Negev Desert is a tourist concept, combining the advantages and unique aspects of the Israeli desert, sprawling across a vast territory (approximately 60% of Israel’s entire land).
The Negev is a small and concentrated desert, full of breathtaking biblical views, with an abundance of impressive geological phenomenon and pristine and calm landscapes and views.
The Israeli desert space is rich with remains of earlier cultures, ancient architectural sites and remnants of early agriculture.
Alongside these bits of ancient culture and heritage, you can experience rare encounters with the last of the Bedouin desert tribes, who have maintained, until today, ancient traditions from their days as nomads in the Middle Eastern deserts.
Unlike other deserts in the world that are difficult to visit, and sometimes even dangerous to visit, the Israeli desert stands out due to its accessibility, friendliness, safety and comfort for trips, and above everything else welcoming to visitors
Here are a few advantages, which make this desert the friendliest in the world:
- Accessibility and proximity to Europe: there are an abundance of international low-cost flights from a
wide range of destinations in Europe which land at two international airports in Israel: Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv) and Ramon southern airport.
- Personal security and safety: Many routes and paths are marked throughout the entire desert (Israel is the most marked country in the world and the Israeli desert is marked with hundreds of clear and comfortable walking and mountain bike trails which offer different levels of difficulty for a wide range of hiking and walking lovers).
- Extraction and Rescue: In Israel you can find the highest level trained and experienced rescue teams in the world, backed up by the best air force in the world. They are available for rescue activities in any place in the desert at all times.
- Medical treatment: Israel has western medical services, which are among the most advanced and highest quality in the world.
- Cellular service: Most of the Israeli desert has cellular phone service.
- Local population: The Israeli desert population is happy to welcome visitors and offer a great tourist experience filled with excitement and great memories.